1. Make sure your router is connected to a power source and the Internet.
2. Connect to the default wireless network that your router creates (e.g. "dlink")
4. Log in using the default administrative user name and password. Our user name was "Admin" and the password field was blank, but consult your router or manual for more details.
First, change your administrator password
5. On the top menu, click on the "Tools" tab and enter a new, secure admin password and user password. Click "Save Settings."
Second, enable a guest network
6. Click on the "Advanced" tab on top and "Guest Zone" on the left.
7. Enter the following settings:
- Enable Guest Zone: checked, Always
- If you'd like, change the wireless network name (SSID) to "openwireless.org" to help spread the movement and to link users to the repeat infringer policy
- Enable Routing Between Zones: unchecked
- Security Mode: none
8. Click "Save Settings" and you should be all set.