Apple's AirPort guest network setup works best on a Mac or a PC using Apple's AirPort Utility.
1. Make sure your router is connected to a power source and the Internet.
2. With a Mac, you should see an option in your Network Preferences that features a "New AirPort Base Station" with your router name.
3. This should automatically open up the AirPort Utility. If not, go to Applications -> Utilities -> AirPort Utility
4. After naming and setting a password for your router, the configuration tool will ask you if you want to set up a guest network.
- Click "Enable guest network"
- If you'd like, name your network (SSID) "openwireless.org" to help spread the movement and to link users to the repeat infringer policy
- Uncheck "Secure guest network" to leave it open
5. Alternatively, if the AirPort base station has already been set up, you can edit its preferences using the AirPort Utility and set up a guest network by clicking on the "Wireless" tab.